Monday, March 5, 2012

Travellers Blues Party

I must say, i have the travelers blues! So I cant go away just yet because of school, but the other best way to get over the blues would be---- throw a party and create fun gift givers that remind you of your wonderful cities you've visited in the past.

This past August i had the great pleasure of taking not one but two wonderful vacations-- the first was a Europe trip with a friend. We visited 3 countries and 5 cities in two week (London, Paris, Venice, Florence, and Rome) then when I got back I left to Cuba for a week.

I threw a party with friends and the theme way dress up like your favorite city. Its was a blast, people came in traditional costumes while others just wore their clothing with a prop. I on the other hand was so indecisive because I've been to Cuba, Bahamas, Miami, Italy, Croatia (10 times), England, France, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Dominican Republic and the States in the last 6 years. So I just wore a shirt that said "I've been to all these places, I couldn't decide" with a map indicating all countries and cities.

I went to Dollarama and was looking for an idea to give away to my guests. I knew i didnt want to spend too much money on the favours. I say this picture holder that said "Good Times" and I knew that was the best way to describe all the trips "Good Times".

I went to Wal-Mart and printed off a couple of my pictures to put in the holders. The picture holder was $1.13 each and each picture was 24 cents. Each picture holder took about 5 pictures so that was $1.20. In total each favour cost only $2.33 including tax.

PLEASE POST ANY COMMENTS ABOUT YOUR TRAVELING EXPERIENCES!

Remember to like the Facebook Page www.facebook.com/giftfavoursunder5

No comments:

Post a Comment